Spring & Summer Roof Care Tips
Spring is here, and summer is not far behind. Now (in early spring) is the ideal time for metro Atlanta homeowners to give their roof an “once-over.”
The winter weather—snow, ice and wind—can wreak havoc on a roof. It is crucial homeowners are aware of the tasks that can help extend the life and reliability of their roof. Roof problems may exist that you could potentially avoid.
See below for a few roof maintenance tips on how to care for your Atlanta roof in the spring and summer.
Asphalt, Slate Tile and Wood Roofs
- –Clean gutters and downspouts to enable water to flow freely
- –Sweep flower blossoms and pine needles out of roof drains
- –Inspect your roof for shingle lifting (preferably during a storm)
- –Remove moss from the roof
Inspect your Torch Down Roof
- –Inspect your roof for deep cracking–the severe heat of Atlanta summers enhances a roofs chance of cracking
- –Apply an aluminum-based coating to protect the roof from UV degradation
At KTM Roofing, we advise our customers to keep a watchful eye on their Atlanta roof and perform proper roof care maintenance. Understanding the condition of your roof, will help you prepare for the future and reduce your roof’s life-cycle cost.
While roof care maintenance is of top importance to the status and lifetime of your roof, if you are facing a roof issue, it is crucial you reach out to a trusted consultant. At KTM Roofing, a professional roof estimate begins with accurate measurements and a careful inspection. We check for damage and note any special conditions that factor into the cost of the roof repair or a new roof.
For a roof consultation and free roof estimate, contact an Atlanta roofing contractor with extensive industry knowledge to conduct a thorough roof analysis.
CONTACT KTM ROOFING at (678) 565-7663 or submit a request for a free roof estimate.