When it comes to the installation of your new roof, you’ll want experienced professionals doing the job. Whether your roof will be built with asphalt, wood, clay tile, or slate shingles, the work will be done by KTM’s master roofers, who are certified as roofing installation specialists for that specific material. These certifications, which have been earned from highly regarded materials manufacturers through comprehensive and ongoing training, denote recognition of expertise with a variety of the best roofing products available, including those manufactured by CertainTeed, Ecostar, Atlas, and GAF, and TAMKO Lamarite.
After the installation of your new roof, make sure that your investment is protected for the long-term. As a full-service roofing company, KTM offers a wide variety of services that go beyond high quality roof installations, including weatherproofing features such as rain gutters and gutter guards as well as a variety of project-specific attic insulation options.
Roofing Material Options
Several prime roofing manufacturers have certified KTM Roofing as experts at installing their materials. From asphalt shingles to clay tile roofs, from wood to slate roofing, we can cover any kind of roof on any kind of structure using only the best in products and workmanship.
We’re certified as roofing installation specialists for asphalt, wood, tile, and slate roofs by the top manufacturers. You won’t find many Atlanta roofing companies – or roofing companies throughout Georgia – who can make that claim. And we’re conscientious about installing according to manufacturers’ specifications. For a free estimate, call us at 678-565-7763.
Click on any of the 4 roofing material thumbnails below to see a complete image of the finished roof.
Asphalt roofs are an extremely popular roofing solution in the Atlanta area due to their affordability and ease of installation. KTM’s master roofers are authorized installers of:
- GAF shingles, the oldest manufacturer in North America
- Atlas Roofing Company products
- CertainTeed, which features the industry’s largest selection of shingle styles and colors
Asphalt shingles have a variety of advantages, including:
- Affordability – Asphalt shingles are a cost-effective alternative to other roofing materials
- Durability – Asphalt shingle variations can last from 25 to over 50 years
- Minimal maintenance – Asphalt shingles can be left in place for years without maintenance
- Versatility – These shingles are a viable solution for a wide variety of structures
- Environmentally friendly – Asphalt shingles are recyclable
For more information on asphalt shingles and/or a free estimate, call (678) 565 ROOF (7663)
Click to download KTM’s Asphalt Roof Fact Sheet (PDF)
Slate Roofing and Synthetic Slate
Formed from fine-grained sedimentary rock derived from clay or volcanic ash, slate roofs are known for their beauty as well as their durability. While there is a wide range in terms of styles, shapes, thicknesses, colors, quality, and shingle grades, perhaps the best known variation is “Buckingham-Virginia Slate”, which has been quarried from the same location for 150 years. KTM’s master roofers are extremely familiar with this slate as a favorite of architects for its long-lasting beauty. Regardless of the type of slate shingle, your KTM roofers can explain differences in ratings and warranty conditions and then execute an expert installation.
Advantages of slate shingles include:
- Durability – Slate shingles can last up to 75 years
- Fireproof – The natural stone does not catch fire
- Low maintenance – When properly installed, slate roofs require little or no maintenance
- Weather resistant – Slate roofs are impervious to the elements, even at the extremes
Synthetic slate roofing, which is made primarily from recycled materials, is a versatile alternative to slate that also delivers enduring beauty. KTM Roofing is certified to install synthetic slate roofs from many of the industry’s leading manufacturers including:
- DaVinci Roofscapes – DaVinci Roofscapes manufactures lightweight synthetic tile, specializing in earth-tone colors such as castle gray, evergreen, and brownstone.
- EcoStar® – The synthetic slate manufactured by EcoStar is environmentally friendly and is designed primarily with recycled rubber and plastics.
- TAMKO® Lamarite®- This synthetic slate is lighter in weight than quarry slate while looking like the real thing.
Advantages of synthetic slate include:
- Lighter weight – Synthetic slate looks like natural slate but weighs less.
- Durability – Due to the long usable life of synthetic slate, warranty protection covers periods of up to 50 years.
- Environmentally friendly – This slate is made from recycled materials which can be recycled again at the end of its usable life.
For more information on natural and synthetic slate roofing and/or a free estimate, call (678) 565 ROOF (7663)
Click to download KTM’s Slate Roof Fact Sheet (PDF)
Tile shingles, which can be constructed with clay or concrete, provide one of the most versatile roofing solutions with styles including French, Roman and Spanish as well as numerous size, shape and color options. For many buildings, tile roofing provides the perfect complement to the design and style of the total structure.
In addition to its versatility, tile roofing delivers a myriad of benefits, including:
- The potential to complement a variety of structural styles – Tile can be manufactured to look like slate, wood or shake shingles.
- Insulation – Tile roofs keep temperatures cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, which saves on energy bills.
- Weather resistance – Tile roofs provide high durability during extreme weather events. Tile shingles are durable over the long term as well with a life expectancy in excess of 50 years.
- Increased resale value – A tile roof that complements and enhances the overall style of the building adds to its aesthetic quality, which can increase its resale value.
For more information on tile roofing and/or a free estimate, call (678) 565 ROOF (7663)
Click to download KTM’s Tile Roof Fact Sheet (PDF)
Wood roofs, the majority of which are made up of wood shake shingles, have a natural and unique appearance that grows in beauty with age. Wood shake shingles are made in the most part with cedar, but can be made of redwood, pine and other types of pressure treated wood. The advantages of wood shake roofing include:
- Usable life – Wood shake shingles regularly treated with water repellant have a usable life that can reach up to 40 years. These shingles tend to age well, darkening over time to present a natural look.
- Insulation – Wood shake roofs deliver a higher level of insulation than asphalt, laminate or fiberglass roofing, which can save on utility bills in the summer as well as the winter.
- Durability in weather – Wood shake roofs perform well in high wind situations and are impact resistant.
- Natural materials that are environmentally friendly – Wood shake shingles start off as a natural material and are biodegradable at the end of their usable life.
For more information on wood shake roofing and/or a free estimate, call (678) 565 ROOF (7663)
Click to download KTM’s Wood Roof Fact Sheet (PDF)
Selecting Your Materials
We bring you samples to help you select material and color. We’re happy to help you in the selection process, too. We’ll even go up on the roof and hold down some samples to help you visualize what your finished roof will look like from our Atlanta Roofers.